Thursday, July 16, 2009

Think fast!

In my office, just above my computer, but below my monitor, I have a small dog, an elephant, and a cross.

See?


They are just little things, but I have collected them in one fashion or another and each of them mean something to me.


A co-worker came in my office to discuss something of fake importance and while leaning over to look at my monitor, picked on me about leaving my childhood behind and certainly out of my office.


Hmpf!


Without skipping a beat I pointed to the dog.


“See him? That is my reminder to remain loyal. And the elephant? To never forget who is eternally loyal to me. And my cross? To remind me of His ultimate sacrifice for all of us.”


Ha!

I suppose now it means that. But also, the dog is just oh so cute. Elephants are my favorite thing ever. And that cross never made it back onto another chain after that other one busted.
But, sure. I’m always thoughtful, super thoughtful.


Or…just quick on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © The Cessna Club