Sunday, July 5, 2009

I want to be…but I am not.

I want to be a doctor. So that I can help people and make the mega money. (Yes, in that order.) But I don’t want to sit through school, nor work those hours.

So I am not.

I want to be a sinner at times. I am human and am tempted by many sins and some of them are quite enticing. But I don’t want to lose sight of my God.

So I am not. (or try not.)

I want to be “Super-wife” to my husband. So that dinner would always be fresh, homemade, and warm right at 6:00pm. But I have too much feminism in me to be a true Martha Stewart.

So I am not.

I want to be an activist for rape victims. So that women’s lives are enriched and healed. But I always seem to fill my days with other doings.

So I am not.

I want to be a runner. So I can feel the pavement pounding underneath my feet and I constantly move forward closer to my fitness goals. But I walk the dogs instead.

So I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © The Cessna Club