Thursday, June 4, 2009

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Change, even positive changes, can be stressful. And right now, I have more than I bargained for.



First things first. We cannot make an offer on that house that we really wanted. You cannot have a “previously owned modular” in a flood zone and get a loan from the bank without $15,000 down. We do not have $15,000.00 down. (Seriously?!)


Even though the owners have an elevation certificate and the house has never even remotely come close to having water near it, much less in it. It is a beautiful home that was assembled elsewhere, moved and then perfectly renovated. It also has a bubbly stream running through the property. I have learned that freaks banks out.



And I thought only bank robbers had that power…Dang it!



So now we are considering building a home on a lot in Broadway or a darn near close to brand new home in Elkton. Stayed tuned ladies and gentlemen. Update to come.


_______________________________


THEN, after house hunting and dinner last night with Scott, I had a message on my cell phone.

Now enters more choice than I bargained for:



It was from an LVT (licensed veterinary technician) in Charlottesville, Virginia. He got my number from the emergency clinic back-up list in Verona where I worked for several years. He wanted to offer me a JOB!



Let me back up a little bit.



I left the vet world.



And for good reason.

I didn’t have insurance.

I was not making nearly enough money.



But I loved it.



Remember my post with my personal zoo?









Hard core, full heart, loved it.


I saved lives or made them better. Every. Single. Day.

They are opening a brand new referral emergency animal clinic in Charlottesville. They need people who have emergency experience to help staff it. He said I came highly recommended from the vets I worked for and he spoke to. He was willing to match my pay that I currently have. Then he let me know that the licensure at the clinic was stricter and I did not have all the licenses they need.

So they would send me to school via the internet. Train me in the clinic, help me with everything and I would be fully licensed and certified in the emergency world within 18 months. For every A and B I get, they reimburse 80% of my tuition. Then I would get a raise upon graduation.

Since the clinic is just opening, I would not have benefits for about 6 months. (But wait!) This go round I have a husband…who can insure me! Whoa.

The schedule would be 12 hours shifts. 8pm-8am; 7 days in a row. Then I would have 7 days off. 7 DAYS OFF?!? One week on, one week off.

IF, I were to accept this job, I would have to live in Elkton so that Scott could commute to Bridgewater (about half an hour away.) And I could commute to Charlottesville (about half an hour away.)

I really honestly deeply truly like the job I have now. I wasn’t looking for anything better. I have good pay, work in the same place as my husband (car pooling anyone?), and my insurance is completely free to me. I am comfortable. I am happy.

But you know, I never threw away all my scrubs...

But to recap: One year ago I was single, renting, and working at the airport. I am potentially, changing marital status, my name, my job and my home all in 6 months. WHOA!

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!

Please pray for Scott and I as we make decisions, make changes, and choose our path.
At the epicenter of all of this, I feel blessed that we are purchasing a home when others are losing theirs. And I have my choice among jobs while others are struggling to find just one.

God is good!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you!!!! You do have a lot to think about. Just pray to God and He will tell you what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © The Cessna Club