Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Confessions of a Festive Freak.

Okay, so I was down in the dumps.  Big time.  But the key word in that sentence is was.  Thank you to Lisi & Laurie for your uplifting words.  I will be e-mailing you both soon I am quite sure.  :)

So, what do you do when you are down in the dumps?  Me?  I decorate!  And man let me tell you, I love me some Halloween.  Seriously?  As an adult am I even allowed to love a creepy holiday this much??  Hope so because I definitely do!

So after Scott got home I begged (well actually I whined) that I needed him to get me the boxes (BIG boxes) down from the attic in the shed because I was going to decorate!  It was raining and that did not deter me.
I deligently began to transform our normal house into something only a "Festive Freak" can appreciate:  



First, the porch.  Earlier today I went to the garden shop nearby and purchased the largest mums I could find.


And then I draped cheesecloth over our mantle and added a couple of black rats along the top.  It looks great in real life, but admittedly it looks cheesy in this picture.  Sigh.




Moving on!  I also took black paper and taped a HUGE black silohuette of a cat slinking in one window.  In the next window, a large black spider.  This is an inexpensive way to really make your house one of the coolest on your street.  All these black cut-outs need is a light on in the room and voila!  You have a masterpiece!



This is a borrowed picture because try as I may, the lighting on my actual window is simply not working.  But at least you can get the idea...

And the dining room centerpiece...






The doormat:





Happy, happy Halloween everyone!



1 comment:

 
Copyright © The Cessna Club