Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blach, ick, phooey.

I have been married for only 18 days. And since we have come back from the honeymoon Scott has been working non-stop. This change to manager is sure testing me. It's Thursday and I kid you not, I have eaten alone every meal every single day this week! Blach, ick, phooey.

Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. We both work for at a local airport that completely overhauls planes - nose to tail - for specific aerial work. For instance, if the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) wants a plane with large windows to see fire from the air and large tanks to hold fire retardant, here we come. We deliver the plane according to all specifications, pilots and mechanics to wherever.

This is a picture of a King Air(plane) fighting fire out in California. You can see more about what exactly the company does that Scott and I work for here.


But anyway, back to my whining...

The problem is that the BLM guys really did want those planes and a WHOLE lotta of them. They need to fly out by tomorrow. My new husband worked a 27 hour shift earlier this week. (I promise!) and it is now nearly 11:00pm and he has been at it since 6:45am. I miss him! But It's the nature of the plane contract world. Work alot, fly alot, sleep a little.

And the killer is I used to love being alone. I love the productivity of being by myself. The peace of it. The time I have alone with only my God. The time I have to be an idiot and feel zero embarrassment.

And then I met Scott. Being my strong other half, I will act nerdy in front of him and he laughs or acts nerdy right back. So here I am at an hour I should be sleeping, blogging angrily at the lack of husband in the home.

Blach, ick, phooey.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Rarely ever talk to me!!! (well, ok, I know that's actually true, but it just sounds so sad!) We should amend that!

    I love the blog and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain lovely lady. You can call me or eat dinner with me anytime. :-* I don't want you to feel so alone!

    Love you,

    K

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © The Cessna Club